[quagga-users 3463] Re: Redundant with vrrpd

Sean Fulton sean at gcnpublishing.com
Fri Dec 17 07:19:28 GMT 2004

 We've set up a pair of routers with our up-stream running BGP in a
redundant fashion that seems to work. We announce our blocks out both
routers with the backup router having a higher preference, and announce
the default route we get from our upstream  into RIP, again with the
backup router having a higher preference. So far it works pretty well.
If one router or link fails, it's a matter of seconds before the backup
becomes preferred and everything goes back to normal.

sean