[quagga-users 3280] Re: quagga watchdog script?

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Wed Nov 24 17:46:08 GMT 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 11:36:59PM +0100, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> Well, something like
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> SLEEP=${1:-60}
>
> while `ps -C bgpd -o pid=`
> do
>  sleep $SLEEP
> done
>
> /etc/init.d/quagga start
>
> ## EOF quagga watchdog
>

> should already do, given you already have a quagga start-stop script.

That's a start, but a bit simpler than what I have in mind.  First of all,
the quagga daemons write their pids to files, so I would probably grab
the pids from there.  Second, it needs to monitor multiple daemons.
Third, I think it might be nice to use vtysh to probe whether the
daemons are actually responsive.

Does that sound reasonable?  Has anybody done something along those lines?

-Andy