[quagga-users 3598] Re: Quagga 0.98.0 vtysh compile failure NetBSD 2.0 Intel

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Jan 10 13:05:57 GMT 2005

  bash-2.05b# ldconfig  -v
  ldconfig: can't open `/emul/aout//etc/ld.so.conf'
  Totals: entries 0, buckets 0, string size 1

What platform are you on?  ldconfig is only for a.out, and most
platforms are ELF.   That looks like you are running an a.out ldconfig
binary on an ELF system.

  I am positive libreadline.a can be found on the system now.
  ./configure still complains about

  checking for main in -lreadline... no
  configure: error: vtysh needs libreadline but was not found and usable
  on your system.

I have readline 5.0 installed from pkgsrc.  I don't know if 4.3 is
good enough; you can see in config.log if it failed finding a
particular function or failed to find the library.

The autoconf support in quagga for readline probably needs improving.

Note that on NetBSD, pkgsrc dirs are not in CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS by
default, so you have to put them there.  I use the following script to
build on NetBSD.  Note also the -R/usr/pkg/lib.

#!/bin/sh

case $1 in

    build)
    	./update-autotools
	LDFLAGS="-L/usr/pkg/lib -R/usr/pkg/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/pkg/include" \
    	./configure --prefix=/usr/quagga \
	    --sysconfdir=/etc/zebra --localstatedir=/var/run/zebra \
	    --enable-exampledir=/usr/quagga/share/examples/zebra \
	    --enable-pkgsrcrcdir=/usr/quagga/etc/rc.d \
	    --enable-opaque-lsa --enable-vtysh --enable-isisd
	# BSD make works, but gmake lets emacs find warnings
	gmake
	;;

    install)
    	make install