[quagga-users 5687] Re: OSPF and PPP interfaces

Svetlana Atanasova svetlana at netissat.bg
Thu Oct 20 20:19:29 IST 2005

Andrew J. Schorr wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 06:38:27PM +0300, Svetlana Atanasova wrote:
>

>>   thank you for replay. I'm not sure what exactly causes this
>>problem but the fact is that zebra-0.94 works fine, but quagga
>>doesn't :(  I decide that the problem is in number of PPP interfaces
>>because before starting pppoe server everything was OK.
>>

>Perhaps you can post your zebra.conf and ospfd.conf?

I don't think that it's configuration problems. Before moving pppoe
server here everything works without any errors.

>>I noticed that zebra-0.94  adds in configuration
>>ip ospf network point-to-point
>>and quagga doesn't, but may be it doesn't matter.
>>

>It probably doesn't matter.  How does the output of "show interface"
>differ bewteen the two?
>

>>PPP interfaces
>>are not actually OSPF interfaces,  they aren't in any area, so the output
>>from "show ip ospf interface" command is not very significant :)
>>

>If the PPP interfaces are not running OSPF, then there should be no
>reason for ospfd to join multicast groups on those interfaces.  What
>exactly is the output of "show ip ospf interface"?

Oops. You are absolutely right about adding interfaces to multicast groups.
I'm misled because the only strange messages I saw in the ospfd logs was
about exceeding
the allowed number of multicast interfaces. The system is Slackware
10.2, but now I
can't perform any tests. I'm running zebra again because after working
with this errors
ospf crashes with out of memory.