[quagga-users 5725] Re: Keeping static routes via temporarily unreachable gateways

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Tue Oct 25 19:41:52 IST 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:

> This is 0.99.1. However, we'll probably ``downgrade'' to the latest
> stable version 0.98.5. Also note, that the kernel routes go away if
> the interface goes down _even_ if there's still a less specific
> route availiable for the peer ip (i.e. for 192.168.73.0/24 in the
> example above).

That's probably normal, would have to see output of 'show ip route
...' for the various routes concerned.

The issue though is that the connected routes don't come back when
the interface comes back up. Which OS is this? What is output of:

- show interface <iface concerned>
- show ip route 192.168.73.10

before the interface goes down, when it's down and when it's back?

One person's error is another person's data.