[quagga-users 6708] maximum-prefix bug?

Oliver Hitz oliver at net-track.ch
Thu Apr 6 12:06:08 IST 2006

Hi all

I had something strange happening here. All of a sudden, one of my
bgp sessions dropped with the following error message:

  %MAXPFXEXCEED: No. of IPv4 Unicast prefix received from A.B.C.D -2 exceed, limit 400

I have then done a shut / no shut of this neighbor and the message I got
was as follows:

  %MAXPFXEXCEED: No. of IPv4 Unicast prefix received from A.B.C.D -1 exceed, limit 400

After completely removing the peer and re-adding it, the session again
works flawlessly. No idea how to reproduce the problem.

Any idea what could be the problem here? -2 prefixes sounds like some
over- or underflow bug to me.

I am running 0.99.3 on Linux. I don't know what kind of equipment my
peer has.

Thanks in advance

Oliver