[quagga-users 6766] Where fore art md5qd?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Apr 19 14:22:50 IST 2006

Hello all,

	I'm in a situation where I need md5 passwords for a bgp session (even
though it's just a read-only bgp session) with quagga and, from what I
can tell, it seems like md5qd and quagga 0.99.3 [is 0.99.3 required for
md5qd?] is the answer.  But...  The URL from Paul seems to be bad.

	[Cut from the Germane archive...  I've just joined the list, sorry for
breaking thread...]

> From: Paul Jakma <paul at ...>
> Subject: [quagga-users 6660] md5qd
> Newsgroups: gmane.network.quagga.user
> Date: 2006-03-20 14:16:59 GMT (4 weeks, 2 days, 2 hours and 57 minutes
> ago)
>
> Hi,
>
> If anyone is interested in md5qd, I cleaned it up a bit more this
> morning, and put a source RPM together:
>
> http://hibernia.jakma.org.nyud.net:8090/~paul/rpms/SRPMS/quagga-0.99.3-2006031901.src.rpm
>
> (please do not remove the nyud.net from that URL ;) ).

[root at canyon ~]# host hibernia.jakma.org.nyud.net
Host hibernia.jakma.org.nyud.net not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

> It seems to work between two Linux boxes with recentish kernels.
> Tcpdump seems to think the MD5 sums are valid. I fixed some
> optimistic handling of TCP options. And some of the debug options.

> It'd need a good bit more work UI-wise in order to be integratable
> though, so I'm pretty much going to leave it alone now to sit and
> slowly bit-rot, unless I hear of people actually using it
> successfully..

	The last message in this thread seems to have been just a few days ago,
so I'm presuming that this is the latest status.  Are there any other
options for md5 bgp passwords?

	Regards,
	Mike