[quagga-users 6796] Re: Redistributing RIPng into OSPF6

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Apr 27 17:24:55 IST 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, cni at joan-carsten.dk wrote:

> I have a strange problem that confuses me (mainly due to lack of detailed
> knowledge about Quagga, I guess).

> but I would expect a global IPv6 address as the "Forward Address"
> since the 3660 and 3620 are not physically connected.

Ack. Indeed, I don't think it is valid to have link-local addresses
in AS-External LSAs /anywhere/ (be it as prefix or forwarding
address).

>  Forward Address: FE80::202:16FF:FE51:E240

>  Forward Address: FE80::202:16FF:FE51:E240

Definitely bogus. Can you bugzilla this please?

The fix for this is probably quite simple..

regards.
Life is like a tin of sardines.  We're, all of us, looking for the key.
 		-- Beyond the Fringe