[quagga-users 7884] Re: max number of BGP neighbors

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Dec 28 09:53:30 GMT 2006

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, Soner Sevinç wrote:

> Hi,

> Does anyone know what is the maximum number of BGP neighbors that
> can be defined in Quagga?

Somewhere around (FD_SETSIZE - O(10)) peers. I.e. 1k peers at least
on many systems is the limit at the moment. Using poll or epoll could
lift that limit.

Operationally: Many hundreds of peers is quite feasible for
non-forwarding applications (dont run zebra, avoid that IPC).

"I beat the smart kids! I beat the smart kids!"

  	--Ralph Wiggum
  	  Lisa's Rival (Episode 1F17)