[quagga-users 9173] Re: Quagga and big security

Klaus Thielking-Riechert klaus.thielking-riechert at nefkom.net
Mon Dec 3 14:41:35 GMT 2007

Sim,

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 02:18:49PM +0100, Sim wrote:

> Yes, but it isn't very simple as your description.
> Infact I'm not able to create HSRP share IP with two Quagga and with
> two BGP sessions from two border router.

Oooh - I doubt I would advice anybody to configure a BGP session between
HSRP addresse .... Take two session and enable routing protocols between
your quagga systems.

For building a virtual gateway as HSRP does you can use tools or
technologies like CARP (*BSD), UCARP (Linux, ..) or VRRP or keepalived.
But this is not a part of quagga - it is the task of the underlying OS
you are using.

Best regards,

 Klaus