[quagga-users 9178] Question about OSPF: "no ospf_interface"

Yi Wang yiwang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Dec 3 23:56:41 GMT 2007

Hello,

I was testing some simple OSPF configurations on a simple 2-node
topology: node0 <-> node1. The ospfd on both nodes received the hello
message from the other node, but no OSPF adjacency was established
between them. Both of them had the following messages in their
ospf.log files:

"Packet from [x.x.x.x] received on link eth0 but no ospf_interface".

Here is the configuration information:

For node0: its eth0 has ip address 10.1.2.101
And its ospfd.conf file is:

[root at node0 etc]# cat ospfd.conf
!
password zebra
log file /root/ospfd.log
service advanced-vty
!
interface eth0
!
router ospf
  ospf router-id 10.1.2.101
  redistribute connected
  redistribute static
  network 10.1.2.0/24 area 0.0.0.0
  area 0.0.0.0 range 10.1.2.0/24
!

------
For node1: its eth0 has ip address 10.1.2.102
And its ospfd.conf file is:

[root at node1 etc]# cat ospfd.conf
!
password zebra
log file /root/ospfd.log
service advanced-vty
!
interface eth0
!
router ospf
  ospf router-id 10.1.2.102
  redistribute connected
  redistribute static
  network 10.1.2.0/24 area 0.0.0.0
  area 0.0.0.0 range 10.1.2.0/24
!

I'm running Quagga 0.98.6.

Thank you for your help in advance!

(I was actually running quagga inside virtual machines, and the two
eth0 above are actually virtual interfaces of the virtual machines
that are connected with the physical interfaces through bridges. But
I don't think this matters to the problem I had...)

Yi