[quagga-users 9196] Re: Multiple neighbors at same IP address

Brighten Godfrey pbg at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 6 00:58:54 GMT 2007

Hi Arnold and Cesar,

Thank you for the replies.  I'm combining my replies to avoid
cluttering inboxes.

On Dec 5, 2007, at 1:59 PM, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> Did you already have a look at http://www.isk.kth.se/proj/einar/?
> Einar
> is Xen + Quagga ...

I wasn't aware of Einar, but I want to save the overhead of running a
virtual machine or a kernel for each router, so that I can test as
many instances of bgpd as possible.  bgpd itself is pretty
lightweight (at most a couple MB of memory I think in a network with
25 prefixes).

On Dec 5, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Cesar D. Rodas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am not a bgp master, I am only a beginner, but I think you can
> create ip aliases, then attaching the process to listen one IP.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.  One disadvantage is that root
access to the machines I have to test with is a bit inconvenient, but
this might be an option.

~Brighten