[quagga-users 8021] Re: Route-map to filter advertized routes

Collins, Richard (SNL US) rich.collins at siemens.com
Tue Feb 13 09:02:47 GMT 2007

 Can you still communicate with the neighbors if you refine the
network statment into smaller networks and purposely leave out the
network which would overlap with the connected host routes?

i.e.
10.0.0.112/32 area 0.0.0.0
10.0.0.114/32 area 0.0.0.0
etc.

The network statements are really to match the interfaces and the
network
mask of the interface becomes part of the database.

Once this is done you can selectively redistribute the other connected
interfaces.

How big is then the "show ip ospf database" after the  AS External Link
States....

For example:

       AS External Link States

Link ID         ADV Router      Age  Seq#       CkSum  Route
0.0.0.0         2.2.2.1          147 0x80000362 0x5727 E2 0.0.0.0/0
[0xc9]
10.10.60.0      182.3.22.1      1424 0x8000002b 0x30b1 E2 10.10.60.0/24
[0x159]

-Richard