[quagga-users 8143] Re: OSPF on unnumbered PPP links

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Wed Mar 14 12:21:05 GMT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 09:58:05AM +0000, Euan Galloway wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Daniel Ng wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by 'recent enhancement'? Has the
>
> It means "Cisco did it in 2004"
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a0080268d88.html
>
> I hadn't seen it until this thread, but don't use unnumbered interfaces, so *shrug*

Yes, the easiest solution by far is not to use unnumbered interfaces.
Are you sure you can't just put some private RFC 1918 addresses on
these interfaces?  It will make this problem go away.

Failing that, there is no minor fix.  The 'ip ospf area'
syntax could be patched in, but that still won't solve the
other problems related to unnumbered interfaces.
And as far as I know, nobody has done any work on adding
the 'ip ospf area' feature.

As for getting ospfd to exit without zebra dropping those
routes, that's probably not so difficult, but then it raises
syncing issues between the two daemons.  This is an area where
work needs to be done, but nobody's done it yet...

Regards,
Andy