[quagga-users 8967] (non-quagga specific) Suggestions Intra-AS protocol ?

Felipe Grazziotin - SouthTech SuperDatacenter fgrazziotin at stech.net.br
Tue Oct 9 17:52:49 IST 2007

Hello list,

what do you recommend for an intra-AS protocol for a growing network?

There aren't many remote points, and currently all routers are in the
same network segment talking iBGP to each other. Sounds like a great
solution so far, but I've seen the in a short (few months) more routers
will be necessary to segregate (internally) the network in more pieces.
Should I move to RIP or OSPF to do internal routing?

How do you work with smaller pieces? Having the iBGP handling many /28,
/29, /30 blocks and filtering (and/or route-aggregating) them to the
Internet?

All ideas will be appreciated, and keep in mind that even hypothetical
scenarios are going to be nice.

If this isn't the place to discuss this kind of subject, please excuse
me, and give me pointers to better places. Any bibliography suggested ?

Thanks for your time,

--
Felipe Grazziotin
25933*100