[quagga-users 8907] Re: Quagga 0.99.9 released

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Sep 17 21:01:55 IST 2007

Hey Paul,

	Just got back.

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 16:21 +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > [bgpd] cleanup, compact and consolidate capability parsing code
> >
> > 	Applied and FAILED.

> Humbug.. A one character typo ('safi' where I meant 'afi').

	Man, I wish I had a NICKEL for every time one of mine boiled down to
something like that.  I know the feeling well.

> See attached fix for bgp_open.c.

	Looks good.  Just rolled that patch in and it looks real good.  0.99.9
with that patch seems to be working fine.  I'll bring it up on a couple
more gateways and let it bake for a while but everything seems to be
running fine.

> I've also updated tests/bgp_capability.c to verify afc_nego gets set
> correctly, and validate afi/safis.

	Cool...

	I'm also trying out the md5sig stuff, based on the 0.99.7 patch with
the 2.6.22 kernel, and that does not seem to be working (tcpdump says
packets are signed and valid in both directions but the sessions are not
working) but that's another topic for another thread later.  This
problem looks to be shot.

> regards,
> --
> Paul Jakma	paul at clubi.ie	paul at jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
> Fortune:
> This place just isn't big enough for all of us.  We've got to find a way
> off this planet.

	Many thanks!

	Regards,
	Mike