[quagga-users 9314] Re: Which patch for Quagga + MD5 + Linux 2.6.23?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Jan 28 14:31:44 GMT 2008

Hmmm...

	Seems I jumped the gun on this a bit.

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 12:48 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> 	Adding the dev list since this has been discussed over there.

> On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 16:32 +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:
> > Hello
>
> > I'm wondering which patch to use to build an TCP MD5 enabled Quagga.
>
> > http://www.solinno.co.uk/md5sig/quagga_linux-2.6.20_md5sig.diff seems to be
> > the proposed one according to the wiki.quagga.net FAQ but it consists only
> > of "#ifdef HAVE_TCP_MD5" surrounded changes. If I put "#define HAVE_TCP_MD5
> > 1" into config.h it does not build as it redefines things like "struct
> > tcp_md5sig" which are already part of /usr/include/linux/tcp.h.
>
> > So any hints?
>
> 	This has been discussed and worked on in both the users list and the
> dev list.  Leigh Brown had done a quagga_md5_bsd_linux_v7 patch that I
> then enhanced creating a quagga_md5_bsd_linux_v8 patch to deal with IPv6
> enabled flavors.  Sargun Dhillon then picked up the ball and added the
> autoconf stuff in on top of my patch and posted that to the devel list,
> but changed the name.  That's where things stand right now.  Get
> Sargun's patch from the list archives and use it.  Maybe I'll grab it
> and rename it to a v9 file name and stick it on my web site.  I was
> hoping to see it show up in CVS by now.

	Sigh...  I just looked at Sargun's patch and it has some problems.

	1) Just a simple CVS diff making it hard to use with patch.

	2) Only for Linux (original patch supports Linux and FreeBSD at
minimum, AFAIK).

	3) Doesn't include the changes to config.h.in (ouch!!!)

	I've integrated Sargun's changes into the v8 patch, added the changes
to config.h.in and removed the gnu-linux restriction to create a v9
patch that's a unified diff and I've tested the builds.

	I'm going to post the patch and a URL to both lists shortly under
another subject so, maybe, the powers with CVS checkin power will CHECK

	Regards,
	Mike