[quagga-users 9320] Re: ospf, gre and igmp_max_memberships

Rilo Keane rkeane24 at live.ie
Wed Jan 30 17:30:11 GMT 2008

Hi Stratos,

Im afraid im not sure what you mean? What happens is that i get an error code return from the call to setsockopt() saying i am out of buffers once i hit a limit of approx 428 gre tunnels. OSPF works perfect on all of these. Its when i go above that number of tunnels that they do not seem to get added to the multicast group. I have read in previous threads that increasing igmp_max_memberships fixes this issue (which it does!) but only up until a point. If you increase igmp_max_memberships to something greater than say 428 it doesnt seem to have an impact. Its like i have hit some kind of limit beyind this.

Any ideas anyone???

Thanks