[quagga-users 9710] Re: neighbors stuck in Init state on some routers

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jul 14 01:11:32 IST 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 10:38 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I seem to have this chronic problem where from time to time, some (OSPF)
> neighbors will be stuck in an Init state on some hosts, but not others.

I figured this out.

It was because my main Internet firewall/gateway prevents most hosts
from traversing it, but it's doing this at the mac level, on the
internal interface.

So to be clear, internal hosts were not allowed to traverse the gateway,
yes, but they were being blocked even communicating with it as it was
configured to simply block all packets from all but a handful of hosts
on it's internal network.

b.