[quagga-users 9681] Re: OSPF "summary-address"

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Jun 27 15:13:24 IST 2008

Mike Tancsa wrote:
> Is there an equiv of
>
> summary-address
>
> in Quagga's ospf implementation ?  On a cisco, I would use something like
>
> summary-address 192.168.140.0 255.255.255.0
>
> to prevent a router from flooding the database with a whole mess of
> connected /32 interface routes.

Hi Mike,

I don't think this is possible, at least directly with Quagga, and I
very rarely use OSPF myself so forgive me...

However, (without being able to test it first-hand), will you get the
same result if you install a pull-up route for the /24's and inject that
into OSPF?

...just a thought.

Steve