[quagga-users 9431] Re: FreeBSD, BGP and blackholes

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Tue Mar 11 16:06:16 GMT 2008

> In the case of the discard interface, set the next hop to be
> 192.168.0.2. Its a /30 so it should end up with the desired result as it
> will go "out" the discard interface.

Well, 0.99.9 on FreeBSD 6.2 shows the same symptoms whereby any type of
null routing to an IP, or an IP within a range that are directed to an
interface that is local to the box fails.

This is including using the if_disc interface. This issue also causes
BGP to not show the advertisement in a #sh ip bgp.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steve