[quagga-users 9928] Re: V.35 T1 hardware ?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 24 16:04:02 IST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:06:28PM -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
> Would sangoma wan router cards work?
> http://www.sangoma.com/products_and_solutions/drivers_utilities/wan_networking/

Well if all you want is a card that can run the line and run CHDLC, TTY,
PPP or FrameRelay, then they work.  If you want to use the linux hdlc
interface with one of the protocol stacks in the kernel, then sangoma
cars are currently of no use.  They used to have support for doing that
in their wanpipe_lite driver but that one has bitrotted for at least 5
years and simply doesn't compile anymore.  I tried to compile it a few
weeks ago and after much code cleanup and fixing got it to compile but
it still didn't work for me.  Using the sangoma protocol stack works
fine for data however.

--
Len Sorensen