[quagga-users 9945] Re: Multiple OSPF router instances?

paul at clubi.ie paul at clubi.ie
Sat Sep 27 18:15:40 IST 2008

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, Alexis Rosen wrote:

> Simple... At least on Ciscos there's no way to filter OSPF routes
> you hear from a neighbor. You can prevent them from getting into
> your FIB, but the LSAs stay in the OSPF database and are propogated
> to other routers. Contrast this with RIP2, or BGP, where you can
> apply route-maps, prefix-lists, etc. to incoming route
> announcements. This can be useful for many reasons.

Aha..

Well, first off, google for "why can't i filter ospf" ("I'm feeling
lucky" should work). Assuming you've read that, there are
alternatives:

a) You can filter between OSPF areas

b) You can filter what goes into the zebra FIB with route-maps, I
    think.

> Using the hack I suggested or the "right" way?

Implementing multi-instance OSPF.

I never made a mistake in my life.  I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
 		-- Lucy Van Pelt