[quagga-users 9949] Re: bgpd stops responding when zebra is busy

paul at clubi.ie paul at clubi.ie
Mon Sep 29 14:32:54 IST 2008

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Oliver Hookins wrote:

> The last upgrade I made was to 0.98.6 because it is the "stable"
> release, whereas 0.99.10 is the "unstable" release - is this
> actually suitable for live use?

At this stage, probably more so than 0.98, for most people -
particularly for ospfd. Though, that's a judgement call that each
operator needs to make for themselves.

CVS^Wgit since then has some important regression fixes applied. As
these fix, hopefully, the last of the 0.98->0.99 regressions, the
next 0.99 release will be an effective "next stable series".0
release-candidate.

All seems condemned in the long run to approximate a state akin to
Gaussian noise.
 		-- James Martin