[quagga-users 11004] OSPFv3 routes not going to kernel table

Peter Mellon knascent at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 18:46:34 IST 2009

Hello list, I have zebra and ospf6d (quagga version 0.99.9) running on
two Fedora 7 boxes with IPv6 enabled. If I telnet to one of the zebra
process and type 'show ipv6 route', it successfully shows me all the
routes including the ones acquired from the ospf. If I type 'ip -6
route' directly into the command line however, these routes are not
shown. This is what the log for the zebra process says:

ZEBRA: netlink-cmd error: Invalid argument, type=RTM_NEWROUTE(24), seq=6, pid=0
ZEBRA: netlink-cmd error: Invalid argument, type=RTM_NEWROUTE(24), seq=7, pid=0
ZEBRA: netlink-cmd error: Invalid argument, type=RTM_NEWROUTE(24), seq=8, pid=0

Does anyone know what this means and why it is not able to write the
routes to the kernel routing table?

Thanks