[quagga-users 11048] "show ip bgp view WORD neighbor x.x.x.x advertised-routes" command does not show the result

Eiichiro Watanabe watanabe at mfeed.ad.jp
Thu Aug 27 12:09:03 IST 2009

Hi,

I'm running quagga on Debian<lenny>-amd64, installed by debian package(quagga-0.99.14-1).

In changelog, below commands should be supported from quagga-0.99.14.

bgpd:
--snip--
Add 'show ip bgp view WORD neighbors IP (advertised|received)-routes'
--snip--

When I configure without "route-server-client", both commands seems to work properly.
But when I configure with "route-server-client", "show ip bgp view WORD neighbors x.x.x.x received-routes" command
works, but "show ip bgp view WORD neighbors x.x.x.x advertised-routes" seems NOT to work...
Is this a bug or is this a normal function?

I have confirmed that quagga is advertising routes by checking neighbor router's received routes.
But when I entered the command as below, quagga doesn't show any advertised routes nor an error messages.

quagga# show ip bgp view RS neighbors 192.168.1.1 advertised-routes
quagga#

My testing configuration is as follows.

bgp multiple-instance
!
router bgp 65000 view RS
 bgp router-id 192.168.1.254
 neighbor 192.168.1.1 remote-as 1
 neighbor 192.168.1.1 password ******
 neighbor 192.168.1.1 soft-reconfiguration inbound
 neighbor 192.168.1.1 route-server-client
 neighbor 192.168.1.2 remote-as 2
 neighbor 192.168.1.2 password ******
 neighbor 192.168.1.2 soft-reconfiguration inbound
 neighbor 192.168.1.2 route-server-client
!

thanks in advance,
eich