[quagga-users 11235] Running Vtysh with PAM-Authentication

Slow Death bored_to_death85 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 13:25:19 GMT 2009

hi everybody

I configured quagga with PAM authentication and vtysh-enabled. right now, when i run vtysh, i have to write my system user password to start vtysh. i wanted to know if there is a way which forces PAM to use the password we set in quagga configuration (for example in "vtysh.conf" file) instead of system password.
for example:
my system password is:123
but in vtysh.conf i added the line: password 123456
how can i set PAM and quagga config to use 123456 instead of 123

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me.