[quagga-users 11250] Re: bgp question

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Sat Dec 12 13:42:31 GMT 2009

Forgive my ignorance, but why?
Why should a bgp-router with a static default route and one simple network
peer with all other routers being part of his AS?
He neither needs the routes announced nor do the others need to know him, as
there are no other routes possible besides the one through r2.
I can imagine why using a network declaration is intended to not inject the
route to the kernel, it very likely thinks that there already is a static
route for the network.
Nevertheless it is obvious that "redistribute connected" does not do what it
says, or?
I would really appreciate some comment on that. Is that a bug? If it is not,
what is the intention behind auto-filtering the network for local routing but
not for announcement and vice versa? That really sounds brain-dead to me.

Stephan