[quagga-users 11257] How to inform ospf process that BGP session is down?

Matys Łukasz lukasz at e-matys.com
Sun Dec 13 17:58:30 GMT 2009

Hello everybody.

I have OSPF AREA0 (the backbone). There are 5 routers, and two of them
are edge routers which have BGP sessions to my ISP provaider (to two
routers: primary and secondary for redudancy)). Both of these two
routers send MED attribute do ISP to decide which way the ISP should
sends packets to me. Both of my routers are injecting defalut gateway to
others routers at area0, one with 5 metric, and one with 6, and it works
perfectly. When one of my edge routers is down, the second take the role
and inject it def. gateway and everything work ok.

But when my routers are working ok, and primary ISP router is down, the
ISP sends packets to me trought my secondary router, but other routers
at my area0, still have default gateway from my primary router, and the
"internet" is down :/

So the question is: how to inform ospf process at my primary router not
to inject default gateway to other my routers at area0 when the BGP
session at my primary router to the ISP is down?

Regards.

--
Matys Łukasz
mobile: (+ 48) 504257944