[quagga-users 10969] Re: Quagga + FreeBSD - Newbie questions

Alexander Nedelchev A_Nedelchev at Focus-News.net
Tue Jul 28 10:36:03 IST 2009

You can look into /usr/local/share/examples/quagga/ for configuration examples.
The one configuration file which you must have is zebra.conf. Of course, with the
right corrections of that file, to suit your needs. You can start your zebra.conf file with

!
hostname Router
password zebra
enable password zebra
!

That zebra.conf must be placed in /usr/local/etc/quagga/

The other examples in /usr/local/share/examples/quagga/ are configuration examples
of the daemons which you can run with quagga. In case you want to run bgp with quagga,
please review the bgpd.conf.sample and bgpd.conf.sample2 files.

After creating your own bgpd.conf file, you have to place it in /usr/local/etc/quagga/ too.

In order to start your quagga along with the daemons which you would like, place the following
configuration in your /etc/rc.conf file:

quagga_enable="YES"

quagga_daemons="zebra bgpd"

in this option you`re specifying the daemons which you want to run with quagga, in this case,
zebra and bgpd

quagga_flags="-d"

After that, use /usr/local/etc/rc.d/quagga start. In the processlist you should have zebra and bgpd
as processes.

The other configuration file, depending