[quagga-users 11290] Re: Stupid BGP question / problem

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Mon Jan 4 21:23:04 GMT 2010

Hi Steve,

The Cisco is off on the edge because it is the "old core" router.

My intent is to have the following:

Two Cat 6509's each connected to the two dell's in a full mesh manner.

The Dell's will be the BGP speakers for the outside world and I want to
run OSPF inside between the Dell's and the Cat 6509's

Then other servers, edge routers, etc will be either single attached to
a single Cat 6509, or dual attached to both 6509's and we will run HSRP
on those VLAN's.

The goal is that is Provider 1 or 2 fail, traffic still flows, if Dell 1
or 2 fails, traffic still flows, if Cat-01 or 02 fails, traffic still
flows....

I've moved all of our transit connections to Ethernet (no more POS / TDM
/ ATM) and the price/performance curve for OpenSource vis Cisco is HUGE.

How do I setup a reflector in bgpd ?

I have to do this in steps as it's a running network

Thanks