[quagga-users 11312] Re: BGP, holdtime, keepalive

Giles Barford giles.barford at sohonet.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 15:17:40 GMT 2010

Hi,

The hold time will always be the smallest of the two neighbors
configured hold time.  This is defined by the RFC http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1771.txt

Quagga is behaving correctly in these circumstances and I can see
anyway this behaviour could be changed without causing
interoperability problems.

Giles