[quagga-users 11316] Re: Ripd does not currently support equal cost multipath routing

Adrian Terranova aterranova at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 11:30:04 GMT 2010

Antonio,

I'm not sure this is a limitation in the quagga routing suite - or if
it is a feature of the ip routing core in linux. I don't see a simple
(route add default blah) way - with just plain old multiple default
routing to get an even distribution between (2) local gateways. (i.e -
it may not be trivial for quagga to do this with local routing tables)

There might be a  way with iproute2 to do this - but I've not investigated.

Think this requires some combination of routing tables and traffic
control to get what you desire. (And I'm a quagga newb - so not sure
how these are possible with the core routing protocols.)

--Adrian