[quagga-users 11317] Re: Ripd does not currently support equal cost multipath routing

Antonio Modesto Guirado Puerta antonio.guirado at f-integra.org
Wed Jan 20 12:46:11 GMT 2010

Hello,

QUAGGA implementations of OSPFD an BGPD manage multiples routes to same
destination. I think it is a implementation of RIP and it doesn't depend
on Kernel.

You are right that TC let balance traffic per-packet but you need two
ethernets nics. Besides it a fixed configuration and if a ADSL line gets
down I think that, by default, 50% traffic is lost. Dynamic routing
(RIP) let solve this problem.

Thanks.