[quagga-users 11407] Re: Basic OSPF area issue.

Stanislav G. Ryabukhin stas at wwwcom.ru
Thu Mar 11 15:17:26 GMT 2010

DATACOM - Haesbaert wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Sorry if this is a real basic question but I've been struggling to
> find the answer.
>
> Consider I have a large network where everyone is on area 0,
> Than I have a ABR with area 1 in one interface and area 0 in the
> other. So All routers in area 1 connected to this ABR won't have the
> LSAs of area 0 correct ?
> If so, how could they know how to reach area 0, or any other area
> attached to it ?

Answer is  LSA type 3,4,5 or default route.

If area 1 will be define as stub or totally stub (no-summary):

router(config-router)# area 1 stub [no-summary]

Default route will be injected into area 1 automatically.

If area 1 will be define as nssa:

router(config-router)# area 1 nssa [no-summary]

no-summary keyword must be use for injected default route.

Also, You can use 'default-information originate' command for default
route injection into area 1.

> Also, can someone point me to some good documentation on ospf ?

OSPF Network Design Solutions by Thomas M. Thomas

http://docstore.mik.ua/cisco/pdf/OSPF Network Design Solutions.pdf

--
Best regards,
Stanislav G. Ryabukhin.