[quagga-users 11425] ospf gre tunnels

Jason Sigurdur jason.sigurdur at aspenview.org
Wed Mar 24 19:02:15 GMT 2010

Hi, years ago I  set up ospf over gre tunnels with Redhat .

i.e.

10.0.0.1/32(router a gre)                                              10.0.0.2/32(router b gre)

In my old ospf configuration I would add  on router a 'network 10.0.0.1/32' and 'network 10.0.0.2/32' on router b.

Everything would work fine. I would get ospf packets/adjancencies.

Anyway just recently I tried the same setup on some ubuntu boxes. Ospf would not work, until I added the peer /32 instead of the local /32 address into the ospfd.conf

Any suggestions

jason