[quagga-users 12419] Re: can not ping pc's in other LANs :(

Sami Halabi sodynet1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:34:23 IST 2011


Hi,
The configuration seems fine to me, the other side of the ring is to check
configuration on the PC1, PC2.
the conf should be like this:
PC1:
IP: 192.168.1.38
*Subnet: 255.255.255.0
*
*Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
*

btw: i don't know what OS version your using, you need to check that the ip
forwarding is working on the system.

Sami

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Maryam Ta <mayamta00 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> these are the configurations :
>
>
> this is Router1 configuration file (zebra.conf) :
>
> quagga-router# show running-config
> Building configuration...
>
> Current configuration:
> !
> hostname Router
> hostname quagga-router
> !
> service advanced-vty
> !
> password zebra
> enable password zebra
> !
> interface eth0
>  description Serial IF
>  ip address 192.168.2.1/24
>  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
>  link-detect
> !
> interface eth2
>  description LAN IF
>  ip address 192.168.1.1/24
>  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
>  link-detect
> !
> interface lo
> !
> interface sit0
>  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
> !
> ip route 192.168.3.0/24 192.168.2.2
> !
> ip forwarding
> !
> line vty
> !
> end
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Router2 config file is similar :
>
> interface eth0
>  description Serial IF
>  ip address 192.168.2.2/24
>  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
>  link-detect
> !
> interface eth2
>  description LAN IF
>  ip address 192.168.3.2/24
>  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
>  link-detect
> !
> interface lo
> !
> interface sit0
>  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
> !
> ip route 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.1
> !
> ip forwarding
> ...
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> and this is the result of 'show ip route' in Router1:
>
> quagga-router# show ip route
> Codes: K - kernel route, C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, O - OSPF,
>        I - ISIS, B - BGP, > - selected route, * - FIB route
>
> C>* 10.10.10.0/24 is directly connected, eth0
> K * 127.0.0.0/8 is directly connected, lo
> C>* 127.0.0.0/8 is directly connected, lo
> K>* 169.254.0.0/16 is directly connected, eth0
> C>* 192.168.1.0/24 is directly connected, eth2
> C>* 192.168.2.0/24 is directly connected, eth0
> S>* 192.168.3.0/24 [1/0] via 192.168.2.2, eth0
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Router2 'show ip route' :
>
> Codes: K - kernel route, C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, O - OSPF,
>        I - ISIS, B - BGP, > - selected route, * - FIB route
>
> C>* 10.10.10.0/24 is directly connected, eth2
> K * 127.0.0.0/8 is directly connected, lo
> C>* 127.0.0.0/8 is directly connected, lo
> K>* 169.254.0.0/16 is directly connected, eth2
> S   192.168.1.0/24 [1/0] via 192.168.1.1 inactive
> S   192.168.2.0/24 [1/0] via 192.168.2.1 inactive
> S   192.168.3.0/24 [1/0] via 192.168.3.2 inactive
> C>* 192.168.3.0/24 is directly connected, eth2
>
> All firewalls are OFF.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Quagga-users mailing list
> Quagga-users at lists.quagga.net
> http://lists.quagga.net/mailman/listinfo/quagga-users
>
>


-- 
Sami Halabi
Information Systems Engineer
NMS Projects Expert
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/attachments/20110817/ace7bbf4/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Quagga-users mailing list