[quagga-users 12322] Re: quagga evolution ?

Gernot Schmied gernot.schmied at chello.at
Sun Jun 5 13:41:00 IST 2011

Sorry for ruining your day Nick, didn't mean to step on your school
science project ;-).

I am just pointing out the lack of direction and how the industry and
consultants interested in deploying it see it, because they have to
support a quagga deployment and argue it's maturity level and deployment
risk and that is frustrating for years now. That has nothing to do with
coding.

I can certainly assist in software project management and community
communications ;-). Iterations should at least after 5 years lead
somewhere and not to too many loose ends and "construction sites", don't
you think?  E.g. OpenBSD routing daemons started way after quagga and at
least they are heading somewhere. I don't say that their code is better
though.

Regards,
Gernot