[quagga-users 12324] Re: quagga evolution ?

Alexis Rosen quagga-users at alexis.users.panix.com
Sun Jun 5 19:48:40 IST 2011

On Jun 5, 2011, at 7:51 AM, Gernot Schmied wrote:
> Everynow and then the question arises, where quagga is heading in terms
> of a feature freeze 1.0 production release. This discussion is going on
> now for years, still regressions and feature bloating but now
> convergence in terms of a release that can be deployed and *supported*
> in a production grade environment and a clear signal, that the project
> maintainers *want* to move it in that direction.
>
> Does quagga has a future in terms of acceptance or will it always be a
> research project just the developers consider production grade? Is it a
> problem of software project management or something else?

If your use of English were comprehensible, it'd be a lot easier to figure out just how insulting you're really trying to be. But it seems clear that if you get any sort of answer from the devs, it's more than you deserve.

Quagga is far from perfect, but it's more than adequate for production use in many scenarios. Which is more that I can say for quite a lot of networking gear I've bought in the last 25 years.

/a