[quagga-users 12543] Re: QUAGGA and multiple routing tables

Renato Westphal renatowestphal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:44:39 GMT 2011

2011/11/2 Ros Molodyko <rmolodyko at yahoo.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> while the "table" parameter is present in the list of supported zebra params,
> it's unclear if Quagga is capable to support multiple routing tables concurrently for all (or some) routing protocols.
>
> Can OSPF v2/v3 populate two routing tables the same time: the default table with default routing and additional table with "preferred" routers?

No. Support for multiple routing tables is fairly incomplete.

Just as an example, there are several functions calling vrf_table()
with the 'id' parameter set to '0'. In addition to that, the
rib_weed_tables() function removes from zebra all routes that doesn't
belong to the main routing table at startup.

I would recommend you to try another approach to solve your problem.

[]s

--
Renato Westphal