[quagga-users 12483] Re: quagga ospf and lxc virtualisation

clownix at clownix.net clownix at clownix.net
Sun Sep 18 23:03:41 IST 2011

Kernel version for lxc is the host's kernel version, 2.6.39.3 in my host,
and lxc is lxc-0.7.5.tar.gz (it is compiled with the rest of cloonix).
The problem is probably due to the ip stack isolation not complete between
the host and all the lxc guests, that means that when you do a traceroute
in your virtual network, the host's kernel sees many icmp replies and the
icmp_ratemask acts. Putting 0 in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ratemask in all
the guests takes this problem away. But there seem to be another parameter
I have not found that acts on the number of multicast that can be
received.
If you want to follow this problem, it is better to post at the lxc list.