[quagga-users 12845] Re: BGP stuck in clearing state

Preeti Khurana Preeti.Khurana at guavus.com
Wed Apr 4 08:38:49 BST 2012

On 30/03/12 3:04 PM, "Paul Jakma" <paul at jakma.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Preeti Khurana wrote:
>
>> Its because the FSM state has reached "Clearing" and only
>> ClearingCompleted event can move the state in next ones. Now none of
>> such event comes, and the work queue items increase because of that.
>
>Sure. The question is whether or not this queue of items is being
>processed at all. E.g. have a look at "show work-queues", and "show
>thread
>cpu" from the bgpd vty.
>
>I.e. is this some kind of "rate work arriving > rate work being done"
>backlog, or is there some bug with processing the work?

Paul,

One interesting thing I noticed is that when  run the same bgp with lesser
number of routers ( 50 as compared to some 100 + routers), it runs fine
and doesn't show any such symptom. So now as workaround I have run two
bgpd processed peeing with 50 routers each. Since this was production, I
can't get you the output you are looking for.