[quagga-users 12861] IPv6 blackhole routes inactive

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Sun Apr 15 22:59:16 BST 2012

In testing I discovered this bug is affecting me:

http://www.vyatta.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4326&sid=5466ad49da1d7d6eaf56cc34b0f3faad

This is, IPv6 Null0 blackhole routes are inactive, while IPv4 ones work.
>From "show run":

ip route 10.0.0.0/24 Null0 250
ipv6 route fe80::/64 Null0 250

However:

show ip route static
S   10.0.0.0/24 [250/0] is directly connected, Null0, bh

show ipv6 route static
S   fe80::/64 [250/0] is directly connected, Null0 inactive

Is this a bug, and what is the workaround? Must I configure null routes in
the host OS directly?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Capital punishment turns the state into a murderer. But imprisonment
turns the state into a gay dungeon-master."