[quagga-users 12867] Re: Quagga+DHClient pair doesn't work

Gabor Debreczeni-Kis sixday at sixday.hu
Wed Apr 25 21:02:40 BST 2012

Hello,

As far as I know if you loose your IP then connectivity lost is normal.
I think you cannot avoid this.
For me the question is why you need to kill dhclient, why it is not
configure the new ip for the interface?
If this happens automatically then VPN tunnels should go online
automatcally and Quagga should exchange everything again.
But because of the new ip you cannot avoid the disconnection of the
tunnels and you will lost everything which was going through it (OSPF, etc.)

In my opinion if you're running multiple VPN tunnels, OSPF and BGP I
think the best could be if you put some extra money to your ISP for a
fix ip.

Best Regards:
Gabor Debreczeni-Kis