[quagga-users 13104] Re: OSPF Top Router Disconnection Issue! Urgent!

Scott Feldman sfeldma at cumulusnetworks.com
Fri Dec 21 05:56:16 GMT 2012

On Dec 20, 2012, at 9:39 PM, Arif wrote:

Hi Arif,

> Is there anything special about the topmost router that has only one neighbor?
> Are there special functions in OSPF source that that handles the vertex
> (topmost) routers?

Nothing special.  Router 4 is same as 1, in that regard.

> Any hint/suggestion from your side could be of great help for me.

On router 1, you could compare the neighbor states for the working and non-working case.  Run vtysh cmd "show ip ospf neighbors".  If neighbors compare between good/bad cases, compare LS database with vtysh cmd "show ip ospf database router".  There is probably a hint in either one of those data sets.

-scott