[quagga-users 12938] Re: Can not lock PID file

Maryam Ta mayamta00 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 06:38:20 BST 2012

Thanks, Rob.

Maybe the problem is my little Information of Linux
I was starting Quagga from /usr/sbin directory and was trying to stop it from this place, but after i run it by using  " /etc/init.d/./zebra start " everything went good.

Maryam,

How are you stopping quagga?  Many times, the start / stop scripts that
are often used will help to manage the PID tracking files, including
deleting them when the shutdown script is run.  If you are stopping
quagga with the 'kill' command, there's a chance that it doesn't clear
out the file for you, so you will have to do it by hand.

Thanks,
Rob