[quagga-users 12961] Re: OSPF configuration for same IP in multiple area

Ralph Mondegar ralph at ipsecure.com.br
Sun Sep 9 13:03:08 BST 2012

Hello Sunil,

  It's very unlikely that this topic is to be discussed here, but yes,
quagga is capable to implement almost every OSPF function as a cisco router
does, specially basic ones like those.
  The problem is most likely with the topology design but i'm honestly
having a hard time understanding what you have and want.
  If you are interested, draw a clear topology (maybe visio ?) respecting
how physical links are connected and also please specify the following:

- Every interface ip address with it's netmask;
- How links are connected to the routers (Serial ? FastEthernet ?
GigabitEthernet ?) and their respective bandwidth;
- Your goal, which i believe it is to reach from R0 the network behind R4
going thru R2 - > R4.

  Send those to my e-mail and i'll take a look.

Best Regards,

   Ralph Mondegar