[quagga-users 12963] Re: Dependency loop on Solaris.

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Tue Sep 11 12:45:23 BST 2012

On 10/09/2012 20:48, Brian Utterback wrote:
> I am trying to track down a problem starting ospfd and ospf6d on Solaris.
> There is an explicit dependency between bgpd and zebra such that if bgpd is
> starting and zebra is already running, the script forces zebra to restart
> and once it has restarted, it continues with starting bgpd.

sounds strange.  I would have expected zebra to be at the bottom of the
dependency list, and for all the other daemons to be completely independent
of each other.

The zebra daemon sits between all the other daemons and the operating
system kernel.  This means that zebra ought to be started first because it
provides a link layer.  Other than that, all the other daemons can be
started separately.

Nick