[quagga-users 12973] Re: Queries regarding OSPFv3 area support

Joachim Nilsson troglobit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:39:00 BST 2012

Hi!

Have been following this discussion with some interest as of late. Have
been thinking about testing out different OSPF implementations for quite
some time. Bird is definitely one of the most interesting alternatives,
but I'm actually even thinking about digging up gated and making it work
again...

Just noticed something about Quagga ospfd below that I wanted to give a
quick comment on.

On 09/28/2012 10:15 AM, Tore Anderson wrote:
> Considering also changing Quagga ospfd for bird, because editing a
> config file and SIGHUP-ing the daemon fits much better into our
> configuration management system Puppet than the vtysh stuff. But since
> Quagga's ospfd work quite well for us, no rush.

We actually did some work on this at Westermo a while ago. We too don't
like having to rely on vtysh for configuring ospfd, and restarting it
every time is not a good option. This patch hasn't yet found its way
into the mainline quagga, but might be worth checking out.

ospfd: Add support for SIGHUP -- http://patchwork.diac24.net/patch/557/

Regards
  /Joachim