[quagga-users 13246] Re: OSPF: *** sendmsg in ospf_write failed to ... : Invalid argument

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Apr 15 12:23:34 BST 2013

Сергеев Сергей Николаевич <ssnnss at bk.ru> writes:

> Hi again, Quagga Users,
>
> I try to find the reason of quagga ospfd error messages in my linux router.
> Can you specify to me in what a difference between "Invalid argument"
> and "Operation not permitted" in:
>
> 2013/04/12 16:25:59 OSPF: *** sendmsg in ospf_write failed to
> 224.0.0.6, id 64794, off 0, len 84, interface wan0, mtu 1500: Invalid
> argument

Those are almost certainly strings from errno values from system calls.
So I suggest that you 1) run gdb on ospfd to see if that's really true
and then 2) either run a debugger on or read the kernel source to figure
out what it's doing.

In the past people have had trouble with wanting to use more multicast
resources than are allowed, but I am fuzzy on the details at the moment.